Minecarts and rails have been ignored by the team at Mojang since they were implemented, for the most part. Sure, there is powered rail, detector rail, those sorts of things – but getting around in Minecraft via rail just isn’t practical. It takes a lot of resources and with the addition of horses, there’s a much faster, much more readily available mode of transportation available. The Railcraft mod gives Minecraft rail a much needed update while adding a slew of tools to help players interact with rail and create some pretty interesting structures and rail systems. It diversifies rail and makes it more fun to build railroads.
With features like cart-linking, you can create real trains rather than using a minecart with a furnace to slowly propel others along a rail. Launch rail sends you rocketing up into the sky; control rail beats out powered rail in just about every way; one way rail stops carts from going backwards on a path you wanted them to follow moving forwards. The Railcraft mod does so much for rail, it’s an absolute must for anyone using older versions of the game before horses were implemented, and it’s still a pretty good mod for people playing more recent versions of the game too.
Railcraft Mod for Minecraft 1.7.10 Changelogs
- Fix issue with world migration from older MC versions that was blocking upgrading.
- Platforms will no longer drop Posts.
- Grass will no longer grow on Quarries.
How to install RailCraft Mod for Minecraft?
- Backup Your World!
- Delete any old versions of the Railcraft zip files in the “.minecraft\mods” folder
- Download and Install the Minecraft Forge.
- Download and drop the Railcraft zip file into the “.minecraft\mods” folder.
Download Links for RailCraft Mod
for Minecraft 1.7.10
Credit: CovertJaguar – Original Thread on Minecraft Forum