Some people really enjoy the crafting aspects of Minecraft, even more than the farming and mob slaying which also define the game. Those who prefer to spend their time creating things will undoubtedly enjoy the Tinkers Construct mod, which adds a host of new items, tools, and features to the standard Minecraft experience. Not only can players create completely new tools, but these tools sometimes come with completely new effects, like a wand that places torches when the player right clicks, or tools that cause the player to float, teleport or move with great speed. There’s much to see and do with this mod.
Tinkers Construct mod focuses on giving players the opportunity to craft a horde of interesting new items. These tools never disappear and remain in the player’s inventory (or chests, or whatever) forever after they are crafted. Purists might find the idea of infinite torches or construction blocks to be a little bothersome, but then no Minecraft mod is going to please everyone who tries it. Besides the effects of enchantments, players can also further customize their weapons and tools by adding items to existing slots. Think Diablo II, like adding gemstones or runes to socketed gear.
There is such a wide degree of customization inherent in Tinkers Construct that it could take even the most arduous Minecraft player days to come up with all the new tools and combinations provided by this mod. That said, more content is still being produced for Tinkers Construct, so players can look forward to future updates for now. Apparently, armor will also come with slots sometime in the future, and players will get several other items to place into slots in all slotted items, which means many more possibilities are only a short time off. Anyone looking for more crafting options should check out Tinkers Construct mod.
Tinkers Construct Mod Update Logs
- Seared Channel Recipe gives 3 now.
- Tools can be renamed anytime again!
- Gasses now render upside down.
- TiC Slime Blocks now work with pistons.
- Fix last vanilla-type arrow not being fired with TiC bows.
- Crafting stations ignore each others inventories, preventing freezes.
- On-Hurt Traits (cactus) don’t deal damage when you’re receiving reflected damage anymore (guardians/other cactus users), preventing a crash.
- Remove impossible to craft casting recipes that showed up in JEI.
How to install Tinkers Construct Mod?
This mod requires Mantle (which adds a bunch of useful features in itself) and can be gotten from below!
- Backup your world!
- Install Minecraft Forge using its installer.
- Add Mantle and Tinkers Construct files to your mods folder in your Minecraft directory (.minecraft/mods)