Creative Mode in Minecraft is great fun for people who love to build things. Working calculators, giant toilets that actually flush, roller coasters that reach to the sky and more have all been made in Creative Mode before. The free access to limitless materials is what makes Creative Mode so fun. However, what if you could get that same access to everything while playing in Survival Mode or, better yet, Hardcore Mode? It would sure make the game easier, make bases build faster and get you in good armor and weapons before you even leave your spawn location.
Marglyph’s Too Many Items Mod is the perfect Minecraft mod for players who want all the convenience of Creative Mode, regardless of the gameplay mode they choose. While it doesn’t work in online servers, Marglyph’s Too Many Items is the perfect utility for people playing in single player. It features access to spawners, a favorites list for storing the materials and items you love the most for fast access, and single-button starting and ending of the mod: just press the “O” key while looking at your inventory and the window will pop right up. The trash can feature is one worth mentioning too.
With the trash can, you can delete items from your inventory, or right click it and then delete whatever items you click individually, or shift click it and clear out your entire inventory in a single move. This is great for people who love digging but hate hauling back all the dirt, cobblestone and other, useless junk they tend to procure while doing so. While you might use Marglyph’s Too Many Items on an online server, you will need to be a server operator to do so, and unless it’s your own server, there will undoubtedly be some errors or other issues to deal with.
Toomanyitems Mod for Minecraft 1.8 and 1.7.10 Changelog
- The new 1.8 items
- Enhanced enchantment, potion, and firework panels
- All-new custom items: colored leather, player heads, signs with text, filled flower pots, preselected note blocks
- New fuzzy search! You don’t have to type all the letters (e.g. rcmp for redstone comparator)
- Press enter in the search box to spawn the top item! Get items quicker than ever
How to install Toomanyitems Mod for Minecraft?
for Non-forge version!
- Open your launcher and make sure the version of Minecraft requested by your mod of choice is installed.
- Click the Edit Profile button near the bottom left corner of the window.
- Open the game directory, then go into the folder labeled “versions”.
- Rename the folder with the appropriate version to make it more identifiable. For example, if you need Minecraft 1.8, rename 1.8 to 1.8_TooManyItems, or something like that.
- Open your modded folder and rename your .jar and .json files to follow suit.
- Open that .json file with a text editor and find the line regarding the id. Just add “_Modded” after the version number.
- Using an archival tool, open your mod’s class files and move them into the .jar you’ve renamed, then delete META-INF like usual.
- Restart your launcher and click Edit Profile again. This time, under the Use Version… tab, select your modded version.
- Play the game!
for Forge version!
- Download the Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Just put the mod jar file in “.minecraft/mods” folder, if you don’t have, just run the Minecraft with Forge API a once.
- Have fun!
Download Links for TooManyItems Mod
for Minecraft 1.8 – Non-Forge version!
for Minecraft 1.8 – Forge version!
for Minecraft 1.7.10 – Forge and Non-Forge version!
Credit: Marglyph – Original Thread on Minecraft Forum